Pimento cheese is one of those foods that has been so corrupted by the food industry that it has become synonymous with other crappy foods like Spam. I'm not even certain what store bought pimento cheese might contain, nor do I want to find out. It's a shame because pimento cheese can be a delightful treat, even if it does Read the full post…
In a few days it will officially be fall but the temperatures are still warm enough for me to continue swimming for a few more days. The breeze was a little cool but that didn't stop me from swimming several laps this morning and I felt great afterwards! Have you exercised lately? With fall's cooler temperatures and fewer insects, you Read the full post…
A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with shingles so I felt I should discuss this nasty virus once again. If you ever had chicken pox, you are at risk for getting shingles and believe me, you don't want it. Shingles is a painful rash with blisters that scab over and may take 4 weeks or more to heal. The Read the full post…
There are times when I think I could easily become a vegetarian, especially when I try a new dish that is as good as the vegetarian tacos I had at Local Lime restaurant in Little Rock and the tofu fried rice at Sai Tai here in Jonesboro. My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary this past weekend by spending Read the full post…
Summer is winding down , the year is more than half way over and our January resolutions are long forgotten. It's time for a health reality check. First of all, how is your health lately? If you have enjoyed good health, are you thankful? Take some time to appreciate how wonderful it feels to be healthy, for your family to Read the full post…
I'm back from a lovely beach vacation and I wish I was still there with all my heart. Wouldn't it be nice if our every day life was as nice as a vacation? If we could relax, eat well, sleep and exercise just enough without having to worry about bills, work, illnesses and school, our lives would be perfect. But Read the full post…
[ Post by Lisa Tedder ][ Post on January 10, 2012 ][ In Fitness Tips ]
I am into finding reasons to exercise today. Believe it or not, I have trouble making myself dance, ride my horse and especially do my weight workout. You know I love to dance and I have loved riding since I was a wee child but I do have a laziness factor. This morning for example, I was excited that it wasn’t raining because I could get in a quick ride before the deluge starts. Still, the couch called out to me and the unmade bed looked appealing. I got into my riding clothes and out of the house as quickly as I could, before I was seduced into slothfulness.
So why do I do it? What keeps me motivated? How do I keep going? It isn’t always easy but here are the answers.
1. I don’t want to be fat! I do however, want to eat pretty much what I want. I am a foodie first and foremost.
2. I like the way I feel. I have more energy when I exercise.
3. Exercise helps keep the achy joints working. The more I move, the better my joints feel.
4. I like feeling strong. The weight work I do has given me stronger arms and legs, indeed just stronger all over. That makes anything physical I do easier, like lifting the heavy slow cooker over my head to it’s spot in the cabinet over the refrigerator or toting a basket of laundry up the stairs.
5. I know it helps my heart and the rest of my body stay healthy and work properly. I don’t want to die young!
6. It’s a great way to socialize. You meet people and make friends when you go to the gym, yoga or play tennis.
7. Helps to relieve stress and to keep a positive attitude. Don’t we all need more stress relief and an attitude adjustment?
8. I like the way I look. Don’t we all admire toned arms and legs? Who wants to have underarm flaps?
9. I like the challenges exercise brings. I try to change my routine frequently or to try new things so I don’t get in a rut. Gives my brain a workout too when I’m learning something new.
10. I like being labeled athletic. Who really wants to be known as a couch potato? There’s more prestige to being a tennis player, a runner or a gym rat. It makes you more interesting as a person when you are active.
Now get out there and get moving. Surely some of these reasons motivated you and what reasons can you name for not being active?
Upadated on January 10, 2012
Leave a Reply
Copyright © 2012 cardiologistswife.com All Rights Reserved.
Website Design by AceOne